Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Negativity = Less Creativity

Do you ever feel like your creativity has been drained, no matter how hard you try to think up something you just get stalled? I guess it would be equivalent to writers block but on a more extreme level.

My week of negativeness started last Monday when my pregnancy test showed negative. It's funny because each time I've taking a test it's come up positive, I guess I just figured anytime I took one it would be as such. But nope not this time definitely not prego, which became even more evident two days later when I got my period.

Along with every girls favorite monthly friend came a huge mental drain which is very disappointed considering a had a four day weekend in which my awesome skills ;) would have normally been in play all weekend. Instead I laid around, took a nap, chiseled old faux leather off some trunks I want to recover, stood in a 35 min checkout line to buy two items and wasted away in a thoughtless state. No blogging, no scrap-booking, no picture taking or editing, no output at all!

Ladies is this a normal pms/period type symptom? I guess I should know considering I'm a girl but I went about three years without mine so I can't remember if this is normal or not. It's kind of like when your in labor and you think to yourself "how could anyone do this more than once" but than after a year or so with your lovely bundle of joy you forget how painful it was and go for it again. Selective memory! One of the great blessing in life, the ability to forget the pain and negative things. Maybe I just forgot that for a week each month I become a cranky, tired, creative less mess!

Anyway on a positive note I got my external hard drive and was able to free up some space on my computer. It's running a little better but i still have a lot of work to do on it. Maybe I'll go get some more RAM or something . I'm going to need it as I've got some really cool programs loaded the pass couple days. One of which is CS3, man I've got ALOT of learning to do on that thing! I also got Lightroom which so far seems to be really cool but once again I've got some learning to do. I also came across some promising plug in's and fun picture app's. I'll have to share those another time.

My new baby (camera) and lenses should be here tomorrow! I'm soooo excited! I think it's just what I need to get back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!