Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Know it All

I am reading A.J. Jacobs book "One man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World". It is the funniest book, I have found myself laughing out loud many times! It's about Jacobs year long journey to read the entire Encyclopedia Britannica A-Z. That's "33,000 pages, 44 million words, 10 billion years of history, 1 obsessed man." The journey is hilarious and his insights and personal spin on things is delightfully entertaining, I highly recommend it!

Next I'm going to read "The Year of Living Biblically" I hope it's as good a read as the Know-It-All.

Here are A.J's top ten tips for getting into the Encyclopedia:

1. Get Beheaded
2. Explore the Arctic
3. Write Some Poems
4. Become a Botanist
5. Get your self Involved in Commedia dell'arte
6. Win the Nobel Peace Prize
7. Get Castrated (men only)
8. Design a Font
9. Become a mistress to a monarch (ladies only)
10. Become a Liturgical Vestment (garments worn by officials, clergy etc..)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!